Pokemon_Wifi_Hangout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon_Wifi_Hangout

The Pokemon Wifi Hangout official forums make it easier to trade, find battles, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokemon Combinations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Pokemon Combinations Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Combinations   Pokemon Combinations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Combinations of pokemon supporting each other is what keep a team alive. Defensive combos for Stall teams, and Offensive combos for Offense teams.
Offensive combos usually consist of two pokemon, one with a setup move such as swords dance or nasty plot, and another with a choice item, or a priority move to get rid of your setup pokemon's counters. These pokemon are usually balanced so that one of them is physically offensive and the other is specially offensive.
A classic example of the offensive duo is Dragon Dance life orb Salamence, and scarf Heatran.

There are two types of defensive combo. the first is normally a mix of a physical wall and a special wall. Both of them usually carry a reliable healing move, and they normally have two status moves between them. The most well-known of these combos is SkarmBliss. The second type is that of a tank, a special wall, and a physical wall. They are most effective when they only carry one status move between them, but it is recommended that one of them be a ResTalker.
An example of this is ResTalk Suicune, Bronzong and Porygon2

please feel free to comment with some new combos, or feel free to ask any of the previous combos.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkXatu

TheDarkXatu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Combinations   Pokemon Combinations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Ariados Flygon Swampert Dusknoir Steelix Houndoom
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheDarkXatu

PostSubject: Special?   Pokemon Combinations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 3:11 pm

You need a special wall to with that team Dark
Back to top Go down
Blazerman004

Blazerman004

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Combinations   Pokemon Combinations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:18 am

TheDarkXatu wrote:
Ariados Flygon Swampert Dusknoir Steelix Houndoom

I agree with luca. Try replacing steelex with a poke like Togetic for a special wall. Its a good phyco shifter and a VERY good special wall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Combinations   Pokemon Combinations Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 6:02 am

I just realised im a noob. sorry Dark

Maybe you were thinking of using a specailly defensive dusknoir, in that case i cannot flaw you, nice team. Be sure to test it out and make sure u try some status moves between Dusknoir and will-o-wisp
Back to top Go down
King of Kings

King of Kings

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Combinations   Pokemon Combinations Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:21 am

Team is quite good although i dont see how it counter sd lucario, mixed ape etc very well as well aridos isnt a really effective team unless used in nu which i gather you arent. use a azelf or change swampert to your lead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Combinations   Pokemon Combinations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Combinations
Page 1 of 1